2021 BenchCouncil International Symposium on Benchmarking, Measuring and Optimizing (Bench'21)
Nov 14-16, 2021
2021 BenchCouncil International Conference on Benchmarking, Measuring and Optimizing
The Bench conference encompasses a wide range of topics in benchmarking, measurement, evaluation methods and tools. Bench’s multi-disciplinary emphasis provides an ideal environment for developers and researchers from the architecture, system, algorithm, and application communities to discuss practical and theoretical work covering workload characterization, benchmarks and tools, evaluation, measurement and optimization, and dataset generation.
Researchers both from academia and industry are invited to submit proposals for special sessions. A special session could consist of a set of individual presentations or a panel. Special sessions complement the regular technical program by highlighting emerging research topics. We welcome special sessions in all areas of Benchmarking and Optimizations (See https://www.benchcouncil.org/bench21/cfp.html for topics). The participation of speakers from industry in a special session proposal is encouraged and will be positively evaluated when the proposal is assessed.
Please submit your proposals (maximum 3 pages) in PDF format by email to the Special Sessions Chair. Proposal should include the following information:
1. Title and Abstract: Propose a title and a brief abstract of no more than approximately 200 words that will allow conference attendees to understand the topic and the focus of the special session.
2. Rationale: Please explain why the topic of the special session is timely and compelling and why it is relevant to the Bench community.
3. Session Format: Please describe what the session format is (e.g., workshop, tutorial, panel, a series of invited talks, and so on).
4. Expected Length and/or Agenda: Please describe what the expected length of your session is (e.g., one hour, two hours, half day, and one day). Please feel free to include an expected agenda if needed.
5. Biographies: Please provide the list of organizers/speakers with short bio, including the recent activity that is relevant to the topic of the special session.
6. Other Information: Please feel free to describe other important information about your proposed session. Note that the total proposal length should be within 3 pages.
* Proposals are due on or before August 31, 2021 11:59 pm (AoE) and should be submitted to the Special Sessions Chair, Xiaoyi Lu, by email (email@example.com).
* Notification of acceptance will be sent to the organizers by September 15, 2021.